How to Make Makizushi
Everyone like Japanese food, especially any kind of sushi you can get at the sushi bar. If you are a foreigner like me and live far from city that has a Japanese restaurant, craving for Japanese food is the most suffering feeling. And if you are nowhere near a good cook, well makizushi should be your first self-made Japanese food.
Sep 11 2014 (Apr 16 2019)
Ingredients that you need
- Maguro (Tuna) or Kyuri (Cucumber) or Tsukemono (Pickles) or Tamago (Japanese omelet) anything you want it to be the filling.
- Nori (dried seaweed)
- Sushi rice
- Wasabi (optional)
Tool that you will need
- Makisu (bamboo mat)
Steps For Kappa Maki (Kyuri Makizushi)
1. Cut Kyuri vertically, creating a long and thin Kyuri Strips.
2. Spread the Nori on the Makisu
3. Spread the cooked sushi rice on the top of the Nori.
4. Place the long Kyuri on the end side of the rice.
5. Roll up the rice with the Makisu.
6. Cut the roll into small pieces.
7. Final product.
The information in this article is accurate at the time of publication.