(Origami) How to Make Shuriken Origami
When Japan comes up in the conversation, so does ninjas! Did you know that you can create spinning stars (shuriken) origami? Last time we showed you how to make pumpkin origami, but this time, we’ll show you how to make shuriken origami – an essential tool for all ninjas! Challenge yourself and try making it!
Nov 02 2017 (Sep 09 2020)
You can watch our video to see how shuriken origami is made.
You'll need 2 pieces of paper that are the same size. It's best if they're different colors, since the finished product will look cuter and you'll be less likely to make mistakes while crafting!
1. Firmly fold a piece of paper into half.
2. Do the same with another piece of paper.
3. Open the paper up and fold both (long) sides until they touch the fold line.
4. Do the same with the other piece of paper.
5. Fold the paper in half (long side) again.
6. Do the same with the other piece of paper.
7. From hereon, both pieces of paper will be folded in different ways.
8. Take the bottom right corner of one piece of paper and fold it upwards.
9. Take the top left corner of the same piece of paper and fold it downwards.
10. Take the bottom left corner of the other piece of paper and fold it upwards.
11. Take the top right corner of the same piece of paper and fold it downwards.
12. Fold the upper part of the paper so it becomes a triangle.
13. Do the same to the bottom part.
14. Do the same to the other piece of paper.
15. Turn one of the papers over and lay them on top of each other.
16. Take the pointy tip of the lower layer and insert it into the upper layer's gap.
17. Do the same for the other tip.
18. Flip the whole thing over and do the same for the other side.
19. Your shuriken is complete!
One of the most popular origami in Japan is actually shuriken origami! After making it, go ahead and play with it. Maybe give it a spin?
The information in this article is accurate at the time of publication.